The Fintech and Payments Association of Ireland (FPAI) is a not for profit organisation established to further the interests of the stakeholders in the Irish FinTech ecosystem. FPAI was launched in 2015, developing engagement across the sector with over 800 members from over 230 companies. In 2018 the FPAI became an affiliate of Banking and Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI).
Through this partnership with BPFI FPAI hopes to deliver on an ambitious agenda for the coming years. This includes:
- Helping position Ireland as a Global Centre for FinTech, through active engagement with Government and the IFS2020 strategy.
- Developing and maintaining a thriving ecosystem of talent and expertise in Fintech and payments through communication, events, special interest groups and information sharing.
- Expanding our level of EU/international engagement to help shape our future and the future of Irish FinTech.
The Irish FinTech Ecoystem
Fintech in its broadest articulation comprises every area of technology and innovation in the financial services arena, from payments, trading and FX, big data, risk, compliance and business intelligence to consumer-focused currency exchanges and peer to peer lenders. In Ireland we have a deep heritage in growing financial services businesses in the International Financial Services Centre and an equally strong history in establishing and scaling Irish technology companies focused on foreign markets. We are lucky to have a diverse range of market participants who see Fintech as the context for their own innovation or at least a source of innovation from which they can benefit.
The Fintech Ecosystem Comprises:
- (a) indigenous Irish early stage and scaling technology companies;
- (b) indigenous Irish later stage technology companies;
- (c) multi-national technology companies with operations in Ireland;
- (d) indigenous financial institutions;
- (e) international financial services companies with operations in Ireland;
- (f) venture capital and private equity investors; and
- (g) relevant intermediaries and service providers
For more information on the Fintech & Payments Association of Ireland, click here.