Federation of International Banks in Ireland
The Federation of International Banks in Ireland (FIBI) is the principal voice of the international banking and financial services sector in Ireland.
An affiliate of Banking & Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI), the Federation members include many of the largest financial service providers in the world. Based in Dublin’s IFSC and further beyond in all parts of the country, FIBI’s members have developed over time to become some of the most significant contributors to the Irish economy. Together they account for some 35,000 in employment and 14% of our exports in 2013.
The interests of FIBI members are facilitated through four broad areas of activity:
- Representation and promotion of common interests
- Member engagement and support
- Information and intelligence on banking matters
- Interaction with key stakeholders and policy makers
It is our goal to promote a supportive environment for FIBI members focusing on:
- Regulation Management – Proportionality and consistency in the development and application of regulation
- Competitive Environment – A cost competitive environment conducive to good business
- Business Development – Policy and regulatory framework that facilitates expansion in existing operations and attracts new business
- Knowledge Sharing – A framework for efficient dissemination of information to our members
- Promotion of Ireland/IFSC as a location – Active promotion of initiatives that support the development of our members and Ireland as a location for financial services
A Government-led initiative, IFS Ireland represents a key milestone in moving to a strategic and coordinated approach to promoting Ireland as a leading location for international financial services IFS Ireland involves relevant government departments, IDA Ireland and Enterprise Ireland, overseas embassies and consulates, as well as industry and education partners who actively promote Ireland’s IFS capability overseas.