Banking & Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI) provides a range of generic resources and interactive tools online that assist in teaching students about money and its management. These resources are for primary and second-level students.
Paymaster 2 – Secondary level
The Paymaster 2 resources have been developed by BPFI with the country’s retail banks and building societies. They relate specifically to the Business Studies, Junior Certificate Syllabus and the Home Economics Leaving Certificate Syllabus. Paymaster II is designed to help students understand personal finance management, budgeting, payment methods and sensible borrowing.
The Paymaster 2 resources are intended to:
- familiarise students with financial management;
- provide students with a thorough understanding of payment methods;
- make students aware of cashless alternatives and electronic payment;
- encourage informed decision-making and application of necessary life skills;
- empower students to take control of their financial futures.
Activity 7 – Budget Planner (120KB)
Activity 11 – Using the ATM (265KB)
Activity 23 – Mortgage Calculator (97KB)
These files require Adobe Shockwave Player. Shockwave Player can be downloaded from the Adobe website.