The Department of Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation (DJEI) has published a number of guides for small businesses about business financing and related issues.
Supporting SMEs Online Tool
The Supporting SMEs Online Tool is a new cross-governmental resource to help inform small businesses which of the over 80 Government supports could possibly fit their business.
By answering the eight questions in the Supporting SMEs Online Tool, a small business will, in one location:
- Find out which of the over 80 Government business supports from 27 different Government Departments, Agencies and Initiatives are available to them;
- Get information on the range of Government supports for accessing credit;
- Be advised as to their nearest Local Enterprise Office to discuss further the outcomes of the online tool;
- Download all these filtered results into a document for their further use.
Your Business, Your Bank
Your Business, Your Bank is a guide for businesses that aims to bring clarity to the current realities of funding your business and how you can best position your business to secure the funding it needs to remain viable or to help your business to return to viability. It offers the following features:
- outlines the various funding options open to your business;
- provides a real insight into what banks look for when examining credit applications;
- gives general information on credit pricing;
- outlines practical tips on how to package your credit application.
The guide was developed and produced by the Credit Supply Clearing Group, which was set up by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation and the Department of Finance, to develop initiatives to help support the funding of Irish businesses. The membership of the Group (now the SME Funding Consultation Committee) includes relevant government departments and state agencies, banks, as well as Banking & Payments Federation Ireland, and business representative organisations.
Managing Out of the Crisis
Developed by the DJEI in response to a recommendation from the Advisory Group for Small Business, this guide provides simple advice for small businesses facing difficulties, as well as contact details and website addresses for organisations where further guidance will be available. View or download the publication from the DJEI website.
Financial Support for Irish Business
The guide outlines some of the main supports provided by government departments and agencies. Access more information on the DJEI website.