FIBI International Banking Conference 2019
Date Thursday 20 June 2019
Time 8:45am - 1:00pm
Location BPFI Conference Suite, Floor 3, One Molesworth Street, Dublin 2
Cost Member Price: €380 per person. Non Member Price: €480 per person
The Federation of International Banks in Ireland (FIBI), which is affiliated to Banking & Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI), will host its flagship Annual International Banking Conference on Thursday 20th June in The Westin Hotel, Dublin 2.
Key speakers on the day will include Andrea Enria, Chair of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM); Stephanie Flanders, Senior Executive Editor for Economics at Bloomberg and Head of Bloomberg Economics; Michael D’Arcy, T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Finance with special responsibility for Financial Services, among others.
The scale and sophistication of wholesale financial market activity carried on in and from Ireland and by branches of Irish firms in other jurisdictions is ever increasing. Join us as we discuss the future of international banking amidst continued geo-political uncertainty, on-going regulatory implementation and financial technological transformation. Over three sessions our expert line up of speakers and panellists will explore where the risks lie from these drivers of change and more importantly how the sector can innovate existing business models to ensure success into the future.
- Vincent Wall, Business Editor, Newstalk Radio
- Derek Kehoe, FIBI Chairperson & CEO BNP Paribas Ireland
- Michael D’Arcy, T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Finance with special responsibility for Financial Services
- Stephanie Flanders, Senior Executive Editor for Economics at Bloomberg and Head of Bloomberg Economics
- Seamus Coffey, Chair Fiscal Advisory Council
- Ciaran Hancock, Business Editor, Irish Times
- Andrea Enria, Chair of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM)
- Gerry Cross, Director Policy & Risk, Central Bank of Ireland
- Eric Cloutier, Head of Regulatory Banking, KPMG
- Owen Lewis, Partner, KPMG
Today’s leading financial services companies are operating in a new and more complex environment; one where the fundamental definition of how customers experience and interact with banks is being challenged and redefined. Leading companies are also facing a world that is moving faster than they have ever experienced, not just shaped by regulation, but also by technology disrupters, data and analytics and other longer-term trends.
KPMG works with leading banks to help them manage these challenges and maximise the opportunities. We can assist in a wide range of areas from risk to capital efficiency whilst supporting customer focus and discipline in execution. KPMG has the forward-looking insights to provide banking leaders with the help, support and timely advice needed to succeed.
For more details on this event contact Lisa Shevlin, Head of Conference and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org