National Banking Conference 2019 – Delivering for the Customer
Date Tuesday 12 November 2019
Time 9:00am - 1:00pm
Location The Marker Hotel, Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2
Banking and Payments Federation Ireland will host its flagship Annual Retail Banking Conference 2019 – Delivering for the Customer, on Tuesday 12 November 2019 at The Marker Hotel, Dublin from 9.00am – 1.00pm. This year’s flagship event will bring together key senior bankers, policy makers and other key stakeholders to explore how banks can best continue to meet the needs of their customers in light of the rapid changes underway in the financial industry ecosystem.
Through a series of keynote speeches and panel discussions the conference will address three core topics including the current geopolitical and socioeconomic backdrop for banking, unlocking the potential of Open Banking as well as the future of digital and branch banking.
Key speakers on the day will include Anne Boden, CEO Starling Bank; Michael O’Sullivan, Former Chief Investment Officer and Managing Director International Wealth Management Division, Credit Suisse, Ed Sibley, Deputy Governor – Prudential Regulation, Central Bank of Ireland, Jean Allix, Senior Adviser BEUC, Wim Mijs, CEO, European Banking Federation (EBF), among others. As always, the conference will also afford participants a valuable opportunity to network with peers from across the banking and wider financial services industry.
For organisations wishing to send several of their team, we are pleased to offer further discounts for group bookings (applicable where all attendees are employed by the same organisation and are registered under one booking):
4 for the price of 3
7 for the price of 5
10 for the price of 7
Speakers and Topics
- Armchair discussion: The geopolitical and socioeconomic backdrop for banking
- Vincent Wall, Business Editor, Newstalk Radio
- Michael O’Sullivan, Economist, Author of “The Levelling” and former Chief Investment Officer and Managing Director International Wealth Management Division, Credit Suisse
- Session One: Banking with Bricks & Clicks
- Vicky Godolphin, Head of Digital, Accenture Ireland
- Joe Heneghan, Country Manager Ireland, Revolut
- Aine McCleary, Director Distribution Channels, Bank of Ireland
- Session Two: Open Banking – Unlocking the Potential
- Anne Boden, CEO Starling Bank
- Jean Allix, Special Adviser to BEUC (European Consumer Organisation)
- Billy O’Connell, Managing Director, Head of Financial Services, Accenture Ireland
- Ronan Connaire, Senior Product Owner – Open Banking / Digital Ecosystems Development, AIB
- Session Three: Developing Environment for Banks
- Ed Sibley, Deputy Governor, Prudential Regulation, Central Bank of Ireland
- Wim Mijs, CEO, European Banking Federation (EBF)
- Eamonn Hughes, Financial Analyst, Goodbody
- Michael McGrath, T.D., Fianna Fáil Spokesperson on Finance
- Brian Hayes, CEO, Banking & Payments Federation Ireland
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Accenture has operated in Ireland for 50 years, with 3,500 people employed currently. In addition to the main business located at 1 Grand Canal Square, Accenture in Ireland is also home to The Dock – Accenture’s flagship R&D and Global Innovation Centre based at 7 Hanover Quay, as well as Accenture’s Corporate Services Hub, located at Grand Canal Plaza.
Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions, Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
For more details on this event contact Lisa Shevlin, Head of Conference and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org